Sunday, November 4, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Milkshake

Healthy Chocolate Milkshake



I got a vitamix! I got a vitamix! A Vitamix 3600.... but it hasn't arrived yet.

Instead, I used my Magic Bullet to make this tasty healthy milkshake today. With banana, Arctic Zero ice cream, and real cocoa, it is a healthy and filling treat.

Recipe

Ingredients:

1/3 Banana, frozen (~35 cal)
2 scoops Arctic Zero chocolate ice cream (~50-75 cal)
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used Silk Almond Milk ~30 cal)
1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened (~5 cal)
4-5 ice cubes
sweetener to taste
fat free whipped cream for topping (~5 cal)

Directions:

1. Add everything except whipped cream into the blender and blend until smooth, using the 1/2 cup milk to start and adding more as needed.
2. Top with whipped cream and serve.

Pre- whipped cream shake

Easy right? The banana makes it extra thick and creamy without using as much ice cream as in the typical shake, but it's a small enough portion that the banana flavor doesn't really come through. If you like banana, use a full banana in the recipe. Make sure that it is a bit overripe (brown bananas are the best) to get the sweetness.

If you end up making this, please let me know how it turned out!

Did you know the average milkshake has between 300 and 2000 calories? I'm happy with my healthy chocolate milkshake!

No comments:

Post a Comment