Monday, November 12, 2012

Failure of a Focaccia

I had whole wheat flour... I was bored... I made focaccia.

I later discovered that focaccia made with only whole wheat flour is extremely dense.

Hit-someone-on-the-head-with-it-to-knock-them-out kind of dense.

Not seriously.


Anyway, I tried to make a focaccia loaf using proofed yeast, whole wheat flour, rosemary, olive oil, and garlic. The taste turned out okay, but it was pretty dry and dense. I have a bowl of dough for Five Minute Artisan Bread hanging out in the fridge right now, building up a bit of the more sour taste that I enjoy. Hopefully that will turn out better!

I've been on a bit of a bread-baking spree recently, so I also made the Low Carb Sandwich Thins from Foodie Fiasco. Coconut flour is a great light flour substitute!! I can't wait to try it in other dishes it is so delicious. I plan on making one of my sandwich thins into a tasty grilled cheese to bring for lunch tomorrow :)

My pre-sliced babies
My whole house smells like garlic... so amazing...

Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment