Sunday, November 11, 2012

Broccoli Tofu Leftovers


Sometime during the last week I noticed that my opened package of tofu was about to go bad, and I have been wanting to eat this for a while, so I used up my leftover tofu and some frozen broccoli to make this dish. When I lived in a dormitory in Korea it was often served for breakfast, and I loved it so much that I would pile it onto my plate and ignore any of the other dishes served. It's such an easy and versatile dish, I had no problem making it. The ingredients?

Tofu (I used extra firm)
Broccoli
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
Garlic
Sesame seeds

That's it!

I used about a half of a package of tofu with a full bag of frozen broccoli. First I cooked the broccoli according to the instructions on the bag, and mashed the tofu into a crumbly consistency while the broccoli was cooking. After that I just mixed the two together with about 2 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of sesame oil, about 1/2 tsp minced garlic (or more to taste), and a sprinkling of sesame seeds. I added a little garlic powder also because I love garlic :)

This dish turned out great! It was so simple and healthy and I was really pleased with the result. Unfortunately I split it into multiple servings and the tofu went bad before I got to finish it :( Still, it's a great way to make a healthy meal with just leftover tofu and broccoli.

If you make it, let me know how it goes!

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment